How to survive cancer is one of the most frequently asked medical questions. Just like HIV/AIDS, cancer has also claimed many lives globally.There is good news, at least from what we heard from America, more people
are expected to join the league of cancer survivors.
Gistmaster.com gathered from Healthday report that there are more than 13 million cancer survivors living in the US alone. Now, the figure is expected to rise to about 18 million by 2022.
of earlier diagnosis and better treatment of some of the most common
cancers”.Reignberg quoted a report from the American Cancer Society and the
U.S. National Cancer Institute.
percent), colon cancer (9 percent) and melanoma (7 percent). Among women
they are breast (41 percent), uterine (8 percent) and colon cancer (8
percent). These percentages are expected to be the roughly the same in
2022, the report noted.
- About 45 percent of cancer survivors are aged 70 or older.
- Only 5 percent of cancer survivors are under 40.
- The average age at cancer diagnosis is 66.
- There are more than 58,000 survivors of childhood cancer in the United
States. More than 12,000 children will be diagnosed with cancer this
- 64 percent of cancer survivors were diagnosed five or more years
- 15 percent of cancer survivors were diagnosed 20 years ago or more.