ACN slams Presidency over Okupe:He has a case to answer
Saved under Cover, NEWS, Politics
Tags: ACN, Doyin Okupe, Government, Latest News, PDP, Politics, Presidency, President Goodluck Jonathan
Nigeria’s major opposition party, Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) yesterday insisted that Dr Doyin Okupe the newly appointed Senior special assistant on public affairs to President Goodluck Jonathan has a case to answer over allegation of corrupt practices.
In a statement issued by Dr Lai Mohammed the spokesman of ACN, the party warned the presidency to hand over Okupe to anti graft agencies for proper prosecution instead of trying to defend his atrocities.The patty also called on Okupe to resign.
ACN accused Okupe of collecting money for contracts in Imo and Benue state without executing the projects. The party said if Jonathan and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is serious with the fight against corruption it should start from its own backyard.
However, PDP has also called on ACN and Lagos state government to sack the speaker Lagos state house of assembly, Hon Adeyemi Ikuforiji whohas been charged to court by the Economic and Financial Commission (EFCC) over allegations of corruption
-By Niyi Tabiti
- Ekiti Deputy Governor Funmi Olayinka set for burial
- Imo deputy governor denies contract scam allegation,faces impeachment
- Alamieyeisegba for senate,the Aso Rock comedy
- Governor Amosun residence gutted by fire
- Jonathan sacks Demuren DG NCAA
- Condemnation trails Akpabio extravagant wedding gifts to Tuface and Annie
- No amnesty for boko haram members-President Goodluck Jonathan
- I am rich and famous,forget about the face people-Bance
- Governors forum,Jonathan’s headache
- Mike Adenuga or Dangote,who is Nigeria number one philanthropist?