The trial of Senate President, Bukola Saraki, earlier postponed from April 18 to April 25 has again been shifted till the 27th of this month.
Saraki is facing trial on an 18-count charge for alleged false declaration of asset at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT.
The trial which began in September 2015, has in recent times suffered setbacks mainly at the instance of the prosecution.
Shortly before the previously adjourned date of April 18, the Code of Conduct Tribunal issued a statement saying the matter was postponed following a request by the prosecutors.
At the venue yesterday, an official again briefed about a further adjournment based on a request by the prosecution.
CCT ‘s Head of Media Relations, Ibrahim Alhassan, said the prosecution counsel, Rotimi Jacobs, demanded the adjournment, saying he was indisposed.
“The first time, he said it is his fourth prosecution witness that could not make it. Now it is himself,” said Mr. Alhassan.
The post Again, Saraki’s false asset declaration trial postponed appeared first on Vanguard News.