A military parachutist survived a mid-air explosion after crashing into high-voltage power lines and suffering en electric shock. Onlookers heard a loud explosion as a huge flash of light emerged during the training exercise in Sri Lanka.
Onlookers rushed to help the soldier, who was left burned from the electric shock but miraculously survived.
But it was not the only incident at the Kuda Oya Army Camp that day - with a male soldier taken to hospital alongside her after he broke his ankle following a bad landing.
Army spokesman Brigadier Roshan Seneviratne said: 'Two soldiers, a male and a female, attached to the Kuda Oya Army Camp were injured during parachute training held at the Embilipitiya Army Training Camp.
'The female soldier had suffered minor burn injuries when she fell on a high tension wire while the male soldier had injured his ankle having made an incorrect landing.'