More troubles seem to be piling up for Tom Iseghohi, the millionaire husband of ex-most beautiful girl in Nigeria, Anita Uwagbale. The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja threatened that it might revoke the bail that is currently being enjoyed by Tom Iseghohi and two others.
Tom, who is the former Group Managing Director of Transcorp Plc and two others Muhammad Buba, ex-Company Secretary and Mike Okoli, former Deputy General Manager are standing trial in a case of alleged fraud to the tune of 15 Billion Naira (1 Billion US Dollars). The Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) alleged that the three former top shots of Transcorp used their position to perpetuate money laundering and misappropriated monies to the tune of 15 Billion Naira. The EFCC also alleged among other things that Iseghohi and others commited criminal conspiracy and breach of public trust.
At the resumed hearing on the trial on 24 January 2011, the trial Judge, Mr. Justice Donatus Okorowa said he would be forced to revoke the bail granted the accused persons if they don’t stop presenting frivolous applications as a way of delaying the trial.
Gistmaster.com gathered that the lawyer to the accused persons, R O Yusuf had earlier told the court that cases before his clients should be thrown out because the prosecution had not established a prima facie case against them.
EFCC said they have witnesses who are ready to testify. Justice Okorowa has adjourned the case to February 9.
The three accused person s were granted bail in 2009 by Justice Chikere Anuli, the first trial judge in the case.