Two hospitalized after gas explosion in Lagos

By Bose Adelaja
Two people  hospitalised after sustaining varying degrees of injuries, Monday, when a cooking gas exploded and partly affected the ground floor of a storey building at No 12, Iya Omolere Street, Ogudu in Kosofe Local Government area of Lagos State.

Details of the incident were scanty at press time but it was learnt that the incident which affected the ground floor of a storey building reportedly occurred at about 6.20pm, when someone  was striking matches to prepare dinner .

It was learned that she had opened the valve of the gas burner and was striking the matches unfortunately for her; the gas exploded and slightly injured her.

The fire was said to have escalated, travelled  the house guard, sited at his duty post.

He was said to have sustained varying degrees of injuries before help could come.

The thick smoke from the affected area was said to have attracted sympathisers who rushed to the scene to rescue and take the victims to the hospital for medical attention.

 

The post Two hospitalized after gas explosion in Lagos appeared first on Vanguard News.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.